Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From low carb friends.. its delicious.
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 16 egg yolks
- 40 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat cream in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Whisk in egg yolks, one at a time. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. DO NOT LET BOIL. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients. Cool to room temperature. I usually place mine in the refrigerator or freezer if needed sooner. (Don't forget it in the freezer or it will freeze over, you just want to cool it).
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to your machine.