Recipe by joelmw
Low-Carb Twice Baked Cauliflower (Makes 6-8 servings; recipe adapted slightly from The Low Carb Gourmet.) http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/09/twice-baked-cauliflower-recipe.html http://kalynsprintablerecipes.blogspot.com/2009/08/twice-baked-cauliflower.html
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 ounces cream cheese (low-fat or regular, do not use fat-free)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (low-fat or regular, do not use fat-free)
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (if you only have finely grated Parmesan, use a bit less)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until very crisp, fat blotted with paper towel and then crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (I used Kraft 2% milk sharp cheddar, but use the cheese you prefer as long as it's sharp cheddar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces.
- Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft.
- Drain well and mash with potato masher, leaving some chunks.
- Mix in cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the crumbled bacon.
- Spread evenly in a medium-sized glass casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.