Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Really good soup recipe with very few carbs
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 lbs frozen cauliflower
- 1 lb frozen spinach
- 3 cups water
- 4 ounces bell peppers
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage in dutch oven,.
- While sausage is browning In a smaller pot cook cauliflower in chicken broth and butter until very tender, let cool then blend until smooth.
- After the sausage is browned add bell peppers and cook until tender, then add spinach and 3 cups of water and bring to boil.
- After mixture is boiling add the basil and oregano and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the blended cauliflower to the mixture and salt to taste and bring to a boil once more.
- Serve with topping of Parmesan cheese.