Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this recipe on the Jennie-O turkey website. This recipes calls for cooking the meat prior to stuffing the peppers and it doesn't contain any rice or bread crumbs.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 large sweet bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute two minutes or until softened.
- Add ground turkey breast, salt, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Break meat apart and cook over medium heat for 14-16 minutes or until well done.
- Add tomato sauce and 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about five minutes.
- Add cilantro and mix well.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stem.
- Place in baking dish. Spoon 1/4 of the turkey mixture into each pepper half.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.