Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Equal amount of salmon may be substituted for the tuna. These are handy for lunches and breakfasts also!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained well
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, minced
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Old Bay Seasoning, to taste (a pinch)
- Mix all ingredients and spoon into 6 well-greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.
This recipe was a good start but I had to add mayo in order to acheive a moist muffin. I added 1/4 cup mayo to the mixture and it turned out perfect and creamy.
I used salmon for these and they turned out quite good. I used a lot more cheese. I cooked up quite well and those I served it to liked it as well. Thanks Mercy
These smelled fantastic while cooking but after tasting them I think they need alot more seasoning to keep them interesting. LOVE the idea and will tinkering with seasonings for my own personal taste. It is a great base recipe, I am thinking canned chicken or ham would be great with this recipe as well.