1/1 Photo of Low Carb Tuna Melt
Amy Duchesne's Note:
I got this recipe from my aunt who found it I believe on lowcarbfriends.com. She had started Atkins and has lost 93 pounds so far...well, I just started Atkins and found this recipe to be one of my favorite quick meals.... and I didn't like tuna that much before!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (170 g) can of flaked tuna in water
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slice tomato
- 1/2 cup medium white mushroom (chopped or sliced)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons butter, to saute with
- walnuts (optional)
- almonds (optional)
- pecans (optional)
- herbs (optional)
- bacon (optional)
- chicken (optional)
- 1Mix the can of tuna with mayonnaise, salt and pepper and any other herbs or seasonings you`d like to add, walnuts taste good in it too- Be creative and have fun with it.
- 2Put tuna mixture aside.
- 3Cut a slice of your tomato and set aside.
- 4Over medium- low heat, sauté the sliced mushrooms in olive oil until slightly crisp- I sometimes add left over chicken or a slice or 2 of bacon to the sauté for variety.
- 5Once the mushrooms are sautéed arrange them into a tidy little circle and place the tuna and mayo mixture very carefully onto the center of the mushroom platform- If you haven`t realized by now-- the mushrooms replace your bread.
- 6Then place the tomato slice on top of the tuna and mayo, top it all off with cheese, reduce heat slightly, and cover for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted.
- 7Carefully, with the aid of a flexible spatula, slide the tuna melt onto your plate- or a leaf of lettuce on your plate and enjoy.
- 8Only 3 and a half carbs for the whole meal-- and it`s filling.
- 9You can use other types of cheese and mushrooms or even more tomato, but take the carbs into account- some cheeses are higher than others and the same for veggies too.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Tuna Melt
Serving Size: 1 (714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.0
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 1714.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 48.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: