Recipe by Mercy
This is like a vodka sauce, but without the pasta! Browned Italian sausage could be added for variety.
- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions and butter for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the vodka (remove pan from flame, for safety, if using gas stove) and reduce the heat to medium for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, cream and Splenda; bring to simmer and serve.