Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this last night for my dad because he is on the Atkins diet. He said it was so great (I tried a bit--yummy!) It is easy too, and isn't egg-based--it has A LOT of meat. It doesn't look the best, but tastes awesome! I didn't measure out the ingredients when I was making this--these are estimates. Do with this however much you want!
- 2 slices Steak-ums
- 1⁄2 onion (about 1/2 c.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or that many eggs)
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Chop onion and add to oil, cook until almost transparent (over med heat), about 4 minute.
- Add steak-ums, chopped up; cook until cooked.
- Remove from heat and drain extra oil and drippings, return to stove top, add salsa, cook for another minute.
- Add egg beaters and cheddar cheese, mix and cook until thoroughly cooked-- about 5 minute.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and serve hot!
This dish must have a great personality because it is sure not pretty! Presentation aside, it has a great flavor and I was worried the egg would ruin it (I am so tired of eggs)but instead it added a nice texture I didn't plan on. I can't find Steak-ums to save my life so I used Tyson pre-cooked steak strips and it was great. I'm sure it's even better with the right meat!
This is a great dish and easy - Thanks