Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
I got this from a friend when I started on the South Beach Diet, and this has helped satisfy my cravings for mexican food.
- Place 1/3 cup of cheese in thin layer on parchment paper.
- Microwave on high for one minute, or until cheese is bubbly.
- While the cheese is still flexible with parchment paper still attached, bend the cheese over a round object to give it a taco shell shape.
- The smaller in diameter the object is, the closer to a normal taco shell shape you will have.
- Let the cheese cool while around the object.
- When it has cooled, peel it from the parchment paper.
- Use this to make tacos, with normal fillings such as taco seasoned meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream, or you can also make smaller version of these shells to serve as low carb chips.
Delicious! I didn't use this yet as a taco shell, instead I filled it with braunschweiger and mustard and ate it like a sandwich. Mine was cruchy yet chewy and DELICIOUS!! I will use this is so many different ways!
Great tasting of course, it is greasy so I let them dry off on a paper towel to soak up the fat drippings. Word of advice - you have to pretty much burn the cheese to get it to a crunchy consistency, otherwise it will just be melted gooey cheese. I had to make 4 of these before I figured out that it was ok for them to burn a little. I have a wheat and gluten food allergy so this is a great alternative. thank you!
this worked perfectly. I used a slice of Provolone cheese, put it on a waxed paper plate. I microwaved it one minute and twenty seconds for my microwave. When it was done I got it off the paper plate, set it on a napkin and just bent it until it held it's shape. Then filled with taco fillings, meat, sour cream, guacamole, onions, tomatoes and lettuce. Wonderful. I have my Mexican fix back. Thanks for the recipe