1/3 Photos of Low Carb Taco Shells
Brian Davis's Note:
I got this from a friend when I started on the South Beach Diet, and this has helped satisfy my cravings for mexican food.
My Private Note
- 1Place 1/3 cup of cheese in thin layer on parchment paper.
- 2Microwave on high for one minute, or until cheese is bubbly.
- 3While the cheese is still flexible with parchment paper still attached, bend the cheese over a round object to give it a taco shell shape.
- 4The smaller in diameter the object is, the closer to a normal taco shell shape you will have.
- 5Let the cheese cool while around the object.
- 6When it has cooled, peel it from the parchment paper.
- 7Use this to make tacos, with normal fillings such as taco seasoned meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream, or you can also make smaller version of these shells to serve as low carb chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Taco Shells
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 233.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g