I got this from a friend when I started on the South Beach Diet, and this has helped satisfy my cravings for mexican food.
- Place 1/3 cup of cheese in thin layer on parchment paper.
- Microwave on high for one minute, or until cheese is bubbly.
- While the cheese is still flexible with parchment paper still attached, bend the cheese over a round object to give it a taco shell shape.
- The smaller in diameter the object is, the closer to a normal taco shell shape you will have.
- Let the cheese cool while around the object.
- When it has cooled, peel it from the parchment paper.
- Use this to make tacos, with normal fillings such as taco seasoned meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream, or you can also make smaller version of these shells to serve as low carb chips.
Delicious! I didn't use this yet as a taco shell, instead I filled it with braunschweiger and mustard and ate it like a sandwich. Mine was cruchy yet chewy and DELICIOUS!! I will use this is so many different ways!
this worked perfectly. I used a slice of Provolone cheese, put it on a waxed paper plate. I microwaved it one minute and twenty seconds for my microwave. When it was done I got it off the paper plate, set it on a napkin and just bent it until it held it's shape. Then filled with taco fillings, meat, sour cream, guacamole, onions, tomatoes and lettuce. Wonderful. I have my Mexican fix back. Thanks for the recipe
Awesome!!! Like the above reviewers this takes time to get right. I used sliced deli cheddar, and I found that I had to microwave each one for 1:30 to get it crunchy and not chewy. I also drained them right out of the microwave and blotted them on paper towels, and the final product was not greasy at all (although you should have seen all the fat draining off these babies!)