Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Taco salad with a special sauce on the lettuce makes your mouth go OOO LA LA!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine salsa, sour cream and heavy cream and refrigferate.
- Saute ground beef, chorizo, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano and cumin until browned. Add water, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stiring occasionally. Remove lid and continue to simmer until water is almost all gone. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Place lettuce in a gallon sized zipper bag and pour sour cream mixture over it. Seal and shake to coat lettuce with dressing.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates and then divide remaining ingredients(including cooked mixture) evenly.