Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
According to the Reynolds Foil site this recipe has less than 15 gms of carbs per serving. This can be made in the oven or on the grill.
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F OR grill to medium-high.
- CENTER onion slices on sheet of Reynolds Wrap Release Non-Stick Foil with non-stick (dull) side toward food.
- Combine potatoes, taco seasoning and olive oil; arrange potatoes in an even layer on top of onion.
- BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to form one large foil packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes on cookie sheet in oven OR GRILL 25 to 30 minutes in covered grill.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
We made these in the oven and the only problem I had with them was that all of the taco seasoning seemed to cook off run down into the sliced onions while everything was cooking. I had to add some more seasoning to the potatoes before serving to get a good taco flavor. Other than that, they were great! The onions seemed to caramelize on the bottom of the foil and they really retained the flavors from the seasoning. The cheese really made the dish. Thank you for posting. I will make this again!
We really enjoyed these. I made them on the grill but forgot to add the cheese. We really enjoyed them even without it. I will use the cheese next time.
Fabulous potato dish! I love it when all parts of the meal can be done on the BBQ - it sure simplifies things!! I omitted the onions as a personal preference & used Old El Paso Hot & Spicy taco seasoning and marbled cheese. I actually sprinkled with cheese while still on the grill. Without the cheese, I'd probably only have rated this recipe a 4 (and, I know 'cause the first time I made this recipe, I forgot the cheese).