Recipe by Nana Lee
According to the Reynolds Foil site this recipe has less than 15 gms of carbs per serving. This can be made in the oven or on the grill.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
We made these in the oven and the only problem I had with them was that all of the taco seasoning seemed to cook off run down into the sliced onions while everything was cooking. I had to add some more seasoning to the potatoes before serving to get a good taco flavor. Other than that, they were great! The onions seemed to caramelize on the bottom of the foil and they really retained the flavors from the seasoning. The cheese really made the dish. Thank you for posting. I will make this again!
- 1 sheet reynolds wrap release non-stick aluminum foil (18x24-inches)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 -5 medium red potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1⁄2 cup taco blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F OR grill to medium-high.
- CENTER onion slices on sheet of Reynolds Wrap Release Non-Stick Foil with non-stick (dull) side toward food.
- Combine potatoes, taco seasoning and olive oil; arrange potatoes in an even layer on top of onion.
- BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to form one large foil packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes on cookie sheet in oven OR GRILL 25 to 30 minutes in covered grill.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.