Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh it doesnt get eaiser than this! Great for those busy work nights. Enjoy!
Make and share this Low-Carb Taco Patties recipe from Food.com.
- Mix meat, onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Brown patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning once.
- Remove patties and set aside.
- Pour fat from the skillet.
- Mix water and seasoning mix in the same skillet and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat and return the patties to the skillet.
- Turn each one to coat with the sauce.
- Peel avocado and cut into 6 rings.
- Top each patty with an avocado ring.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese; cover and heat until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve sauce over the patties.
- NOTE: You can substitute 1 medium tomato, sliced for the avocado rings.
We thought this was great. I was worried about the burgers falling apart so I added 1 beaten egg and some shredded cheddar. I used the full amount of taco seasoning and it had great flavor.
we loved it! very easy! I did use 1/2 the packet of seasoning and it was perfect. Thank you.
Great low-carb meal! I followed the directions and used the full packet of taco seasoning. It was a little salty, but had a wonderful flavor. Next time I'm thinking of making it with only 1/2 a packet. I served this with a salad and it made a great meal! Thanks Loves2Teach!