Recipe by Loves2Teach
Oh it doesnt get eaiser than this! Great for those busy work nights. Enjoy!
Top Review by VA
We thought this was great. I was worried about the burgers falling apart so I added 1 beaten egg and some shredded cheddar. I used the full amount of taco seasoning and it had great flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix, 1 Env
- 1 avocado, Ripe, Small
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, Shredded, 1C
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix meat, onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Brown patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning once.
- Remove patties and set aside.
- Pour fat from the skillet.
- Mix water and seasoning mix in the same skillet and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat and return the patties to the skillet.
- Turn each one to coat with the sauce.
- Peel avocado and cut into 6 rings.
- Top each patty with an avocado ring.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese; cover and heat until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve sauce over the patties.
- NOTE: You can substitute 1 medium tomato, sliced for the avocado rings.