Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was looking fgor a Low Carb solution to my love of Sushi when BOOM there it was. THis is Michael Smith's Sushi tweek just a little. It is VERY VERY tasty provided you don't scrimp on the add in's.
- 1 cup canned chick-peas
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 dash hot sauce, depending on preference
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (green only)
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 slices smoked salmon (per nori - 16 total)
- 4 sheets nori
- Mash chickpeas (I used the food processor - its much easier) in a bowl - add dijon, sessame oil, hot sauce, soya sauce, onion greens and pepper - mix very well.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter and place a sheet of nori paper on the end closes to you.
- lay the salmon on the nori closest to you overlaping slightly and making sure it goes all the way to the ends.
- spread a few tablespoons of the mash mix over the salmon trying to be as consistent in thickness as possible and going all the way to the ends.
- lifting the plastic wrap start to roll your sushi. Try to make it as tight as possible.
- At the end of the roll moisten the last 1/2 inch of nori with water to seal the edge.
- Place seam side down and slice each roll into 6 even rolls.
- Serve with wasabi, pickled ginger and soysauce.
Not sure how this qualifies as Low Carb when it's 1 piece of sushi with 14.4g of carbs (less the 2.9 fiber).