Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was recently diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and need a low-carb diet. Unfortunately I've gotten sick of the "same 'ol, same 'ol" and wanted something new. This is the fruit of my kitchen experimentation. If the recipe is followed it will only cost you 4 carbs (with 1g dietary fiber). Enjoy!
- Break eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add water.
- Whisk very briskly with a fork until all egg white is whisked in and mixture is"watery".
- Add salt and pepper as desired and basil, and whisk well to mix.
- Dice tomato.
- Melt butter in small non-stick frying pan or sectioned omelet pan (my favorite) over medium heat until melted but not browned.
- Tilt pan until butter covers all surfaces (use cooking spray in sectioned omelet pan instead of butter and be sure to spray the sides).
- Add eggs to pan (1/2 in each side for the sectioned omelet pan) and wait a few seconds until eggs begin to solidify on bottom.
- Using a non-metal spatula or wooden spoon push cooked part of eggs to sides of pan (both sides of sectioned omelet pan) and let uncooked eggs run into center to cook.
- As eggs begin to set but are still"wiggly" on top a little bit, add cheese evenly across surface of eggs (one side only of sectioned omelet pan) and allow to melt a little.
- Add tomatoes to 1/2 of omelet in pan (the same side as the cheese in sectioned omelet pan) and flip other half over tomatoes (follow manufacturer's instructions for sectioned omelet pan).
- Allow to sit a few seconds for cheese to"adhere" to tomatoes.
- Take pan from heat, invert a plate on top of the frying pan (and here's the tricky part!) flip the pan and the plate back upright all together, hopefully your omelet is now happily sitting on your plate.