Recipe by Chef Petunia
This is an adaptation of several recipes I found in some old church cookbooks. Most called for pasta, this one does not and is not missed according to my high carb eating husband. Look for pizza sauce that has no added sugars and one that is lowest in carb counts.
Top Review by Chef Raf
This was delicious! Easy to make and really tasted like a supreme pizza! Helps to satisfy the pizza craving. I used hot Italian sausage out of the casing and 2-3 tsp. oregano. Served with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Always looking for yummy low carb casserole recipes-- this is a good one!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sausage
- Italian spices
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces thin sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters (save some for top of casserole)
- 15 ounces pizza sauce
- 7 ounces black olives, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meats with Italian Seasonings and drain off fat. Add onions, peppers, garlic and mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove from heat and add pizza sauce and most of the pepperoni, mix well.
- Spray a 13X9 Pyrex baking dish with Pam, add meat mixture. Top with most of the black olives. Mix mozzarella and cheddar together and spead over the black olives. Sprinkle with parmesan and decorate the top with the remaining pepperoni and black olives.
- Bake 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes, cut and serve.