Recipe by spankworthy
Nothing defines the holiday season like a nice cup on hot chocolate or as my family called it cocoa. A lot of people don't realize the amazing health benefits of cocoa. A recent study has found that cocoa is rich in powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants can protect you against a range of diseases and reduce the effects of aging.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup Fructevia or 1⁄16 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine cocoa, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend, Fructevia or Steviva Brand Stevia Powder, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt.
- Blend in hot water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add milk; stir and heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Beat until foamy.
- Serve hot with cinnamon sticks, if desired.