Recipe by Collegechyc
This recipe is from Kalyn's Kitchen which a fabulous South Beach diet blog. Just because you are watching the sugar/carbs doesn't mean you have to miss out on dessert.
Top Review by Katya93
Made this today for my Easter dinner and it turned out delicious! The only thing is that it got quite a few cracks on top - maybe I should have done the water-bath? Oh well, I'm not really trying to score presentation points since it's just me this year. xD Hence a pumpkin dish in the springtime.
Also, I added about 1/3 cup more pumpkin to the mix; there wasn't a whole lot of pumpkin flavor with just 1/2 a cup.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese (not fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2⁄3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling which contains sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large bowl combine softened cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Blend in eggs, one at a time.
- Remove one cup of batter and spread into bottom of glass or crockery baking dish which has been sprayed very lightly with non-stick spray.
- Add pumpkin and spices to remaining batter and stir until blended.
- Carefully spread pumpkin layer over first layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 35-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Allow to cool, then chill several hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired and wait for compliments.
- I used a 10" by 8" glass baking dish to cook this. Next time I think I would double the recipe and only increase to a 9" by 13" baking dish to make a thicker cheese cake. This would show of the layers better. Some cinnamon dusted on the top would have been a nice touch.