Recipe by Dimpi
These are wonderful little cookies, the recipe for which I found in a low carb cookbook. The amount of Splenda in the recipe results in moderate sweetness.. If you prefer a sweet cookie, either double the Splenda or glaze the cookies. The correct carb count is about 0.7g per cookie (after deducting fiber), including all ingredients.
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat gluten flour (vital wheat gluten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal, from blanched almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the first three ingredients until creamy and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, wheat gluten and baking powder. Add a pinch of salt if you like.
- Once the mixture is creamed, add vanilla and mix well.
- Now add Splenda and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture by hand.
- Finally stir in the almond flour.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 30 min to make it easier to work with.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Form small marble size balls of the dough.
- Put a ball of dough on the parchment and using the flat bottom of a glass press to flatten. Using a piece of parchment between the glass and dough will prevent it from sticking.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 min until the edges for golden.
- Cool on a rack, and store in an airtight box.
- Optional - coconut, coconut extract, almond extract, lemon extract, cinnamon etc.
- I like to drizzle sugar free caramel or maple syrup over the cookies for a sweet delectable treat. Frosting for the lazy!
- Note - 1 packet Splenda = sweetness of 2tsp sugar = 1 carb or less.