Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a yummy diet comfort food. Substitute ground turkey or soy crumbles for an even lighter version.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 lb cooked lean ground beef, 17% fat
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ounce kraft pizza shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheddar blend cheese
- Cut zukes in half lengthwise and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out center of baked zucchini chop and reserve.
- Saute onion, beef, garlic, tomato, tomato sauce.
- Add the scooped-out zucchini to beef mixture and saute until all ingredients are tender.
- Spoon beef mixture into hollowed out zucchini boats.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
I am not sure what happened. I followed the instructions but the zucks were hard and the meat was quite blend. Thank you anyway
Very yummy and easy to make! I also substituted tomato paste for the sauce, and I added in some sauted mushrooms too for more flavor. Great recipe!
wonderful! excellent re-heated for next day meal.