1/3 Photos of Low Carb Stuffed Portabellas
A variation on the Atkins Stuffed Portabellos - Very tasty and very easy to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Scoop out the stem and fins from the portabello mushrooms using a spoon- save the mushroom bits for the stuffing.
- 3Dice the onion, green pepper, tomato and mushroom bits and saute in a non stick pan.
- 4There is enough moisture from the vegetables that oil is unnecessary- crumble the the sausage meat (skin removed) into the pan at the same time- stirr in the garlic powder and salt and pepper to desired taste.
- 5When the onions are opaque (approximately 15 mins) pour the spaghetti sauce in, stirr to combine evenly and put in the grated cheddar cheese, once again stirr to disburse evenly and remove from the heat.
- 6Let the mixture rest for approximately 10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- 7Place your mushrooms in an appropriate baking pan or sheet-stuff the mushrooms with the vegetable mixture and sprinkle the top with the grated parmason cheese.
- 8Bake in the oven for 20- 25 minutes or until the parmason cheese is golden in color.
- 9Remove from the oven and let the mushrooms rest for approximatey 5 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Stuffed Portabellas
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 508.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 11.8 g