Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Low Carb Meatloaf stuffed with Spinach and Mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup HP steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except the mozarella and spinach.
- On a piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap - spread out the meat mixture - place the spinach ontop - pressing it in slightly - top with Mozarella cheese - and roll it up using the waxed paper or plastic wrap to help you roll it together tightly.
- Place in an oven safe dish - bake at 350 degrees for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 mins before cutting.
- Serve with a tossed salad -.
This was very good! I left out the green peppers but otherwise stuck exactly to the recipe. This made alot and I can't wait for my leftover meatloaf sandwich! Thanks for sharing.
Well, we served it with lightly steamed green beans and just-smashed red potatoes with parmesan...and it was FABULOUS. Kudos to this recipe; it really is delicious. The rolling was easy--just like sushi. This is a meatloaf that I'd be happy to serve to guests. Plenty of leftovers, but i didn't get any because my husband ate them all! Thanks!