1/4 Photos of Low Carb Stuffed Bell Peppers
This is a recipe I came while trying to put together a good low carb stuffed pepper. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 green peppers (cleaned with seeds and tops removed)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped fine)
- 3 garlic cloves (small to medium sized minced)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped fine)
- 2 tablespoons green peppers (minced)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (1/4 cup of liquid reserved)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning, blend
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion softens.
- 3Add green onions, minced green pepper and saute for about five minutes.
- 4Set onion, garlic and green pepper mixture aside.
- 5Brown ground turkey and cook through.
- 6Add onion, garlic, and green pepper mixture. Also, add diced tomatoes, parsley, italian seasoning, and season salt/blend.
- 7Mix well and cook another five minutes.
- 8Stuff mixture inside hollow green peppers.
- 9Pour reserved tomato liquid in a baking dish and place peppers in dish.
- 10Top each stuffed pepper with about a tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- 11Mound each pepper with cheeses.
- 12Cook in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 185.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: