Recipe by Grandma Pat
YUM! A BERRY rich soft ice cream made in the blender. My DH absolutely LOVED it. NEWS FLASH-ATTENTION ALL LO-CARB people! Recipezaar does not have an ingredient called DaVinci or Torani Liquid Sugar-Free, Carb-Free Flavored Syrup. You can find these at: http://www.torani.com/flavor/sugar_free_caramel_syrup (choose a flavor from their list), or http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/sugar_free_flavored_syrups/
Top Review by Salialto
Yum. This was so delicious. After two weeks of trying to do a low-carb diet and not finding anything sweet and satisfying, I was delighted to find this! I bet it's fabulous with the strawberries, but I used raspberries instead, and only 15 of them (to cut carbs so I could drink the whole thing myself). This made more of a smoothie-like consistency rather than a thicker ice cream-type consistency. But it was freakin' awesome as a smoothie. And the entire recipe was only 4.37 net carbs done this way - I slurped it all up myself and moaned with pleasure as I did so. I used DaVinci white chocolate syrup (sugar free of course)...wonderful combination. Thanks for the awesome recipe Grandma Pat!
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml cream cheese
- 59.14 ml heavy whipping cream
- 59.14 ml sparkling water
- 10 medium frozen strawberries (approx.)
- 29.58 ml approx. artificial sweetener (DaVinci or Torani Liquid Sugar-Free Syrup, your choice of flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a blender: Start with the the egg, cream cheese, cream. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sparkling water (or diet 7-up). Blend until smooth.
- Now add 1 frozen strawberry at a time, until the consistency of soft ice cream.
- Sweeten with DaVinci or Torino's liquid sugar free syrup to taste.