Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy dish to make for a low carb diet when you a tired of eating plain meat!
- 2 lbs smoked sausage
- 1⁄2 head cabbage (chopped into thin strips)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chop sausage and cook in skillet with butter until cooked through.
- Remove sausage from pan.
- Add water to deglaze pan.
- Add cabbage, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Cook until desired doneness (about 10 minutes), stirring frequently.
THIS WAS AWESOME! I added a little green pepers and onions. I would fix this meal even if I wasn't on a low-carb.
I agree this is a great low carb meal,I have been doing the same thing but I always use a mix of lean ground veal/beef and xlean turkey.Sausage is a nice variation! Thank-you