Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
From The Complete Idiot's Guide to Quick & Easy Low Carb Meals. Per Serving: 448 calories, 42g protein, 0g carbs, 0 fiber, 0 net carbs, 27g fat, 9g sat fat, 172mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs steak, such as sirloin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over med heat.
- Cook onion for 4 min, stirring.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to high, move onion to the edge of the skillet, and place steak in the middle.
- Cook steak for 8 min or to your preferred doneness, turning once.
- Top each steak with onions.