Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very easy, inexpensive, Low carb spinach lasagna.
Make and share this Low Carb Spinach Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (32 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package , mushrooms-sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen spinach
- dried- basil, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Red Pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Microwave spinach for 3 minutes and drain well.
- In pan brown meat and mushrooms and drain, add to the meat the 2 cans of tomatoes (drained) and as much of the desired seasonings to taste.
- In bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese and 1Tbsp of basil and stir up well.
- In (large) casserole dish put down ½ of meat mixture on bottom.
- Then layer ½ of spinach.
- Then layer ½ of cottage cheese mixture.
- Then put 1-8oz package of mozzarella.
- Repeat these 4 steps again.
- Bake at 425° for approx 30 minutes, drain any excess liquid, bake for another 10 minutes or until top is desired brown.
- * I use whole milk products for lower carbs but if you are doing a low calorie diet use skim products.