Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A very tasty, quick and easy vege dish with a delicious sauce reminiscent of butter chicken sauce. Quantities are approximate only, adjust to suit. Was looking for a recipe for silverbeet, couldn't find anything I fancied, so experimented and came up with this. Could be good in a quiche or omelette too. This is my first recipe posted so look forward to your comments and suggestions.
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 -2 cup chopped spinach (washed) or 1 -2 cup silver beet (washed)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt & pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Fry onion in butter until soft.
- Add spice seeds and fry until fragrant, add turmeric and chili powder and stir.
- Add cauliflower and tomato. Simmer until cauli almost done. Can add a "little" water if needed to stop sticking.
- Mix in chopped greens and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Lastly add enough cream to make a sauce. Mix well to combine sauce and veges. Pepper & salt to taste.
This was actually pretty good. I used mushrooms instead of cauli and light cream instead of heavy. I am sure with cauli, it would be a bit thicker and creamier b/c of the texture of the cauli, but the flavors were really lovely. Would never have thought to combine these things. Thanks for posting!