Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spicy soup is a great comfort on a cold, blustery night!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup turnip, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (Rotel)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute vegetables in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add raw chicken breasts and poach in the soup for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts, dice and return to the pot.
- Add the peanut butter, heavy cream and crushed red pepper; stir well to combine and heat thoroughly.