Reviewed many chicken enchilada recipes claiming to be low carb recipes and found many had more carbohydrates than anticipated. Hit the jackpot when I fixed this in my kitchen! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raw red bell pepper
- 1 quart low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon mesquite liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 3 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Preheat covered pot.
- 2Soften 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper in pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Add chicken stock.
- 4Add seasonings: chili, cumin, garlic, liquid smoke and cilantro to broth.
- 5Add chicken to broth and bring to simmer.
- 6In a bowl, place can of diced tomatoes with chilies (and juice) to 2 cups of water. With immersion blender, smooth to puree. Then add to soup pot.
- 7Simmer for 20 minutes until flavors meld.
- 8Spoon into warm soup bowls.
- 9Top with cheddar/jack cheese.
- 10May top with sour cream if preferred.
- 11If needing a low carb crunch, consider a few pork rinds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Spicy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 258.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
ground ancho chili pepper
mesquite liquid smoke