Recipe by Barb G.
This is a very good and comes from George Stella's Low Carb and Loving it. I did change the way to cook the squash as it is much faster and less clean up.
- 1⁄2 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- fresh basil leaf
- grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds with a spoon; place squash cut side down in microwave safe dish with 1/3 cup water; Cook about 15 minutes or until tender when tested with a fork.
- Scoop out the cooked squash from its skin, discard skin; Use a fork to fluff and separate the squash into"spaghetti"- like strands; you can use your hands; Reserve the cooked squash and heat in Microwave just before serving.
- Melt half the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; add cream and reduce for about 2 minutes,then add garlic and cheese, WHISK QUICKLY, heating through;Stir in the rest of the butter and parsley.
- Place spaghetti squash in a large serving bowl, and, pour Alfredo sauce over squash, Garnish with basil and tomatoes, serve and enjoy.