Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here is a Sloppy Joe recipe that I changed to make it Low Carb for us Low Carbers. It is very good. It tastes just as good as regular Sloppy Joes. 20 (grams) carbs for the whole batch!
- 907.18-1360.77 g ground beef
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml atkins low carb steak sauce
- 59.14 ml Splenda sugar substitute, sweetner
- 473.18 ml chicken bouillon
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef and onions.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir frequently.
LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! Tasted as good or better than "Manwich" sauce that I'm used to. My husband loved it too. I had it on low-cal bread and it was wonderful. I halved the recipe so I didn't have enough liquid to cook for the add'l time, so I just adjusted the timing a bit. Thanks for sharing!
This was good, but too sweet for my tastes. DH liked it though. I added a small zuchinni, chopped up, and used ketchup instead of tomato paste.