Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe I found online for Low Carb Dieters
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 cup low-carb ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and green bell pepper; saute for 5 more minutes, or until onion is tender. Drain any fat.
- Mix in Heinz One-Carb Ketchup and beef broth, stirring until well-mixed. Stir in garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, vinegar, Splenda, oregano and pepper.
- Continue to heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is thick and stewy.
- Serve over lettuce cups, or over low carb bread/buns as desired.