This is a low carbers dream that is elegant enough to serve at dinner parties!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g trimmed sirloin steaks (4 steaks)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced, approximately 1/2 cup
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml diced tomato
- 170.09 g raw shrimp, peeled and halved
- 44.37 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml heavy cream
- 56.69 g monterey jack cheese, shredded or 56.69 g monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1Mix salt, pepper and garlic powder together then sprinkle on both sides of the steaks and set steaks aside to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over med/high heat and tilt skillet to coat.
- 3Sear steaks for 3 minutes on each side for med/rare (go 1 minute longer per side for medium.
- 4Remove steaks and keep warm.
- 5Heat remaining oil in skillet and add zucchini, onions and tomato.
- 6Saute for 3 minutes until veggies start to color slightly, stirring often.
- 7Add shrimp and cook another 2 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- 8Add broth and cream and bring to a boil then turn off the heat and add the cheese, stirring to melt.
- 9Spoon sauce over the steaks OR slice steaks very thinly and stir back into the veggie sauce mixture then mound on plates.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Sirloin Steak With Queso Shrimp Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.6
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 259.9 mg
- Sodium 598.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 61.5 g