Recipe by Mercy
This is a low carbers dream that is elegant enough to serve at dinner parties!
Top Review by Beverly292
I have just finished eating this for lunch and it was wonderful! I loved the sauce on top of the steak. I left out the zucchini as I didn't have any and I also grilled my steak before topping. I will be sure to make this again as it is so great tasting.
- 680.38 g trimmed sirloin steaks (4 steaks)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced, approximately 1/2 cup
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml diced tomatoes
- 170.09 g raw shrimp, peeled and halved
- 44.37 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml heavy cream
- 56.69 g monterey jack cheese, shredded or 56.69 g monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, pepper and garlic powder together then sprinkle on both sides of the steaks and set steaks aside to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over med/high heat and tilt skillet to coat.
- Sear steaks for 3 minutes on each side for med/rare (go 1 minute longer per side for medium.
- Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and add zucchini, onions and tomato.
- Saute for 3 minutes until veggies start to color slightly, stirring often.
- Add shrimp and cook another 2 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- Add broth and cream and bring to a boil then turn off the heat and add the cheese, stirring to melt.
- Spoon sauce over the steaks OR slice steaks very thinly and stir back into the veggie sauce mixture then mound on plates.