1/1 Photo of Low Carb Shrimp With Creole Sauce
mary winecoff's Note:
I made this for my best friend's birthday. She is on a low-carb diet but I was also cooking for kids and men (A challenge!) I had NO leftovers. This came from a Bon Appetit magazine. Very easy and very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled,deveined,shells reserved
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces fully cooked andouille sausages
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add shrimp shells; saute until brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to medium low.
- 4Mix in tomato paste.
- 5Add broth, then brandy, garlic and thyme.
- 6Simmer 20 minutes.
- 7Strain into medum saucepan; pressing on solids.
- 8Add cream; simmer until sauce is reduce to 1 cup, about 10 minutes.
- 9Heat 1 tablespoon oil in another heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 10Add shrimp; saute just until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- 11Transfer to bowl.
- 12Add sausage and onion to skillet; cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- 13Add bell pepper and Old Bay seasoning; saute 3 minutes.
- 14Return shrimp to skillet.
- 15Add sauce and bring to simmer.
- 16Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Shrimp With Creole Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.3
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 262.4 mg
- Sodium 1283.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 43.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning