Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- seasoning salt
- Steam or boil shrimp until pink and then plunge into ice water to stop additional cooking.
- For Aioli Mayo, mix together: sourcream, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley and lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp and veggies together.
- Add enough of the Aioli to hold the shrimp salad together.
- Add seasoned salt to taste.
- (Optional: Add Old Bay Seasoning) Chill and serve.
I used light mayo so perhaps that undermined the deliciousness, but I wouldn't make this again. Also, I would leave off the Old Bay.
I've never used garlic in my shrimp salad so I thought to give this a try. Very nice! I subbed celery for red pepper, used red onion and left out the tomatoes. I really like the flavor of the cucumbers in this. I dumped a whole bunch of old bay in this because O.B. makes shrimp salad IMHO. Will serve the little bit of aioli leftover with fish tonight. Great recipe, thanks!
Came only for the aioli....needed it for London Broil tonight. It's awesome! Will be back for the rest of the salad. :)