Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low carb shrimp casserole. You can substitute chicken for shrimp.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup ragu light alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini
- 1 lb fresh raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Old Bay Seasoning
- jamaican seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄8 cup mexican cheese
- Heat oven to 410.
- Add (Fresh Raw) Shrimp, Old Bay, Garlic and Seafood Seasoning a small amount of boiling water (I add lots of the seasoning, more than what's mentioned, but I leave most of it in the water--its up to you.).
- Heat 1Tbsp of Olive Oil, then add onions, zucchini and peppers. Allow them to cook until soft, but not mushy (sorry, don't know the correct terminology--aldente?).
- Add Alfredo Sauce to pan with veggies.
- Shrimp should be done now. Peel Shrimp, and take a few (1-2) bbtablespoons of broth and add that to the Alfredo sauce and peppers.
- Pour Alfredo, veggies and shrimp into a casserole dish.
- Beat eggs along with egg beaters and pour on top. Using fork to lightly mix with the rest of the casserole (or 2 regular eggs, but not egg beaters only, it will be runny) .
- Top with cheese (I mix a little full fat with low fat, I think it tastes better and melts better--I don't care about the fat--sue me) and other seasonings of your choice--I used salt, pepper, thyme.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until mostly firm--allowing it to cool will set it -- .