Recipe by Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho
These are low carb little Jewels. Recipe comes from Laura Dolson at about.com If you miss crackers on a low carb diet you are going to be happy!!
Top Review by grfox33
Thankyou so much for posting this recipe. They were great. In making them I forgot to put the mustard in...and for the garlic powder I used half onion and half garlic powder...for me it was perfect. I make a bread for my mom that calls for almond butter with the almond flour so I added 2 T to the dough. I will play around with the sesame seeds and or other nuts. But I love them. The taste was much better the next day. I used your directions for making a log....on some crackers I made for my hubby and it was so much easier than rolling it out. Thanks again. I had 3 for breakfast this morning. Much better than 15 walnuts or almonds.
- 236.59 ml almond meal
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 113.39 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 9.85 ml prepared mustard
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325 f.
- Combine all ingredients until you form a ball.
- with your hands roll dough into a log cylinder about 1.5 inches in diameter.
- slice with a sharp knife about 3-4 a inch.
- place rolls on parchment paper, leaving enough room to flatten.
- flatten into 2 inch circles.
- bake for 14-18 minutes until golden brown makes approimately 24 crackers.