Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A satisfying altenative to scalloped potatoes!
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into disks
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup red onion
- 1⁄4 lb diced ham
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil the zucchini in salted water for 5 minutes and then drain really well and pat dry.
- Mix the egg, cottage cheese, onion, diced ham, parsley, salt and garlic powder together.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray and then layer 1/3 of the zucchini in the bottom.
- Layer 1/2 of the cheesy ham mixture over the zucchini and continue layering until finished off with a top layer of zucchini.
- Spread the uncooked bacon out over the top and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
This made for a good side dish. I didn't know if I should leave the bacon slices whole and lay them on top of the zucchini, or if I should chop them into pieces. I opted to chop them into pieces to make it easier to serve. I found 6 slices of bacon to be a little overpowering. I think next time I will cut it down to 3 slices. I also sprinkled a little parmesan cheese over the bacon before putting it into the oven.
This was awesome. great taste and texture. this really helped when I was craving scalloped potatoes! Thank you for a great recipe!