Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This hearty and delicious dish tastes similar to chicken and dressing. I am certain that this would be terrific with turkey also.
- 709.77-946.36 ml diced cooked chicken
- 453.59 g pork sausage
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 14.79 ml onion, chopped
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 453.59 g frozen cauliflower, cooked well and drained
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2.46 ml pepper
- paprika (optional)
- Brown the sausage with the celery, onion and mushrooms.
- Stir the softened cream cheese into the sausage mixture until well blended.
- Coarsely chop the cooked cauliflower.
- Mix all ingredients and spread in a greased 9"x13" baking dish.
- If desired, dust the top with paprika.
- Bake, covered with foil, at 350º for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until hot and bubbly and top is lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Made this dish exactly as listed, wonderful flavors blend together nicely. Very filling. Will add this to my "favs" low carb receipe cookbook.
great recipe!! I have gestational diabetes that requires insulin and I've gotten so tired of making my dinner, then making something else for my picky husband and my 4 year old that hates veggies, I added a little more cream cheese (12oz.) cauliflower and a little more shredded cheese and topped with chives instead of paprika... my son ate seconds and my husband was seen eating some out of the bowl the next afternoon , straight from the fridge =)
I had to make this recipe (partially based on the rave reviews) and I will have to say it did not disappoint....quite the contrary. THIS IS THE BEST LOW CARB RECIPE I HAVE EVER MADE. Absolutely delicious and my family and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. I can't wait to make it again!!! Thank you Mercy for posting this recipe and for all your other low carb delicacies!!