Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a snap to make. I make them ahead and just pop a few in the microwave as I'm heading out the door!
- 2 lbs breakfast sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion
- 3 eggs
- I use Tennesse Pride HOT sausage for a little kick. You can use whichever you like.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use your hands to mix them together. I add salt and pepper in moderation, more pepper than salt.
- Once mix is all combined, form into 1 - 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees, or until cheese has melted a bit out of the balls and onto the sheet.
- Remove from sheet and drain. Makes about 50 balls.
These are so good. I made up some last night for my son and I. The rest of the family was having hamburgers. Everyone was sampling these. I managed to hide a few in the fridge for breakfast!