Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This delicious stuffing could also be used for turkey, chicken rolls or beef roulade.
Make and share this Low Carb Sausage and Spinach Stuffed Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, drained
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casing removed (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon oil
- seasoning salt (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- kitchen string, to tie roast
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, thoroughly combine soup mix, spinach, sausage, almonds, eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and pepper; set aside.
- Butterfly roast by placing the roast fat side down.
- Starting at thickest edge, slice horizontally through the meat, stopping one inch from the opposite edge so that the roast can open like a book.
- Lightly pound the opened roast and remove any fat thicker than 1/4 inch.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly over cut side of roast.
- Roll, starting at long end, jelly-roll style and tie securely with string.
- In roasting pan, place pork, seam side down. Rub roast with oil, then top with remaining garlic (sprinkle with Lawry's seasoning salt or Parmesan cheese if you like a crispy top).
- Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 165°F for medium or 180°F for well done.