2 hrs 20 mins
This delicious stuffing could also be used for turkey, chicken rolls or beef roulade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, drained
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casing removed (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon oil
- seasoning salt (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- kitchen string, to tie roast
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large bowl, thoroughly combine soup mix, spinach, sausage, almonds, eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and pepper; set aside.
- 3Butterfly roast by placing the roast fat side down.
- 4Starting at thickest edge, slice horizontally through the meat, stopping one inch from the opposite edge so that the roast can open like a book.
- 5Lightly pound the opened roast and remove any fat thicker than 1/4 inch.
- 6Spread spinach mixture evenly over cut side of roast.
- 7Roll, starting at long end, jelly-roll style and tie securely with string.
- 8In roasting pan, place pork, seam side down. Rub roast with oil, then top with remaining garlic (sprinkle with Lawry's seasoning salt or Parmesan cheese if you like a crispy top).
- 9Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 165°F for medium or 180°F for well done.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Sausage and Spinach Stuffed Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1032.4
- Calories from Fat 644
- Total Fat 71.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 376.7 mg
- Sodium 1552.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 81.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix