Recipe by emtpixie
I'm on the South Beach diet and was getting tired of the same old thing. So I decided to splurge a little on the carbs and made a great omelet.
- 3 eggs, any size or 3 egg substitute
- 3 teaspoons water
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, chopped (I use pre-cooked)
- 1 large ripe roma tomato, chopped (or 2 small ones)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded (or any cheese) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (or any cheese)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (or same amount fresh)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- sea salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for heart benefits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and water together in a bowl.
- Add salt (I don't use salt due to the saltiness of the Canadian Bacon, but other people in my family want more) and pepper to egg mixture.
- Heat oil in frying pan or omelet pan over medium heat until bubbly.
- Pour in eggs and let cook until partly set on bottom, DO NOT FLIP EGGS OVER.
- Spoon Canadian Bacon, tomatoes, basil, onions or onion powder, and cheese on one half of the pan and flip empty half of eggs over the tomato mixture.
- Flip entire omelet over and cook until eggs are set.
- Note: If you're using Canadian Bacon that has not been pre-cooked fry it in the same pan you will use for the omelet before adding the EVOO(unless you're using one of those fancy omelet pans, which I don't).