Recipe by Sherri Dodsworth
I wanted to find something to replace the bread crumbs as a binder in my salmon patties, and milled flax seed did the trick.
- 7 ounces pink salmon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Tabasco sauce, several dashes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix well using your hands. Let rest for about 10 minutes to allow dry ingredients to absorb the wet. Don't leave it much longer than that or they'll be too dry.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, preferably olive oil for the flavor. Add patties to the skillet allowing them to cook about 3 mnutes per side; once you place them in the hot oil, leave them alone for 3 minutes to let a crust form without being disturbed and they'll be much easier to flip.
- Remove from heat, plate and serve with your favorite sauce.