Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have made salmon patties for over 25 years and finally discovered the "secret ingredient" - lemon pepper. The aroma and flavor can't be beat.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pink salmon or 1 (16 ounce) can red salmon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 slice low-carb bread
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning, approximately
- Pick through salmon taking out bones and skin; break up chunks with fork.
- Beat eggs with fork; add to salmon.
- Put half slice of low carb bread in food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Add bread and onion to salmon-egg mixture.
- Mix lightly.
- Spray frypan with vegetable spray (Pam).
- Make 4 patties and place in frypan.
- Sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper seasoning (very important ingredient for flavor).
- Fry patties lightly, flip and fry other side, approximately 10-15 minutes total.
Salmon bones are very soft and loaded with minerals such as calcium and magnesium. Eating them is great for bone density. It is very effective for young children when their long bones are growing.
Good, Good, Good! I mixed the lemon pepper into the patty rather than sprinkling. We cut the patties into chunks and placed into corn tortillas with a little tartar sauce and spinach leaves for some delicious fish tacos. Thanks for this one!!
We enjoy these on our low carb.I always add some shredded zucchini,it not only tastes good but is very pretty.