Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from a friend who loves it. I can't wait to try it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 small onion (Chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 red peppers (roasted)
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions, and garlic; until vegetables are softened.
- Add roasted peppers and stock.
- bring to boil: lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches until smooth.
- Return to heat, and stir in cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with Parmesan.
This was very good. I used fresh chopped red peppers and cooked them with the onions. I omitted the celery and used cream instead of milk. I also threw in some chives and cooked jumbo shrimp. Excellent! Thanks for sharing!