Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This reuben-stylized meatloaf can also be formed into patties and grilled or pan-fried or divided and baked in muffin tins for 25 to 30 minutes to save time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup sauerkraut or 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Mix all the ingredients together until thoroughly blended.
- Free-form into a loaf shape in a casserole dish and bake and 350°F until done, about 1 1/4 hours.
- This can be served with a low carb Russian or Thousand Island dressing.
Very good meatloaf. Moist on the inside and crusty on the outside. We really liked the addition of cabbage and didn't miss the breadcrumbs whatsoever. Thank you.
We really enjoyed this, though the dressing is essential. I thought it could have used just a little extra sauerkraut, but other than that I wouldn't change it. I'm doing Atkins and this really hit the spot. No bread, no breadcrumbs. Thanks!
Made these for DH for his low carb diet. Made them in the muffin tin for easy snacking. He went crazy for them. Thanks for sharing.