Recipe by jovigirl
I found this on a low carb site... very easy and tasty too! You won't miss the bread (much anyway lol!) I buy Boar's Head corned beef sliced thin. Yummy!
Top Review by Tesa
Since becoming very low carb conscious, this recipe is by far my favorite. It is so simple to make and is absolutely delicious. I used Boars Head corned beef (only downside is it is a bit pricey, around $12.50/lb). Since I am good to have fat, but not sugar, I altered the topping sauce with Walden Farms Sugar Free thousand island, Hellman's and Dill Relish. I made this last week and already bought supplies to make again!
- 1 lb sliced deli corned beef
- 4 -6 ounces swiss cheese
- 16 ounces sauerkraut
- 4 tablespoons low-carb thousand island dressing (I buy low-carb brands)
- 4 tablespoons sugar-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill relish (or 1 tablespoon splenda sweetened relish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large casserole dish sprayed with PAM, layer slices of corned beef (the thin sliced - not chipped - works best). Kind of scrunch them up with an "uneven approach" so it's not a slab of corned beef.
- Drain saurkraut of 1/2 its juice and lay atop corned beef (if you like the sweeter variety of kraut, thoroughly rinse off canned/jarred juice and replace with a bit of cool water -- toss 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar Twin or Splenda into it before adding to the casserole dish.) Top with swiss cheese layer and bake at 350?F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melty but not liquidy.
- While dish is baking, in separate bowl mix Thousand Island Dressing, Mayonnaise, and Relish.
- Remove casserole dish from oven, slice in 4 serving-size squares and top with dollops of dressing mixture.