One Happy Woman's Note:
This takes ten minutes, tops. Fabulous, fast, delicious. And beautiful - looks festive in the bowl - garnish with a little parsley for the holidays. This soup is also quite good served cold. (Note: We have a vegan daughter in our mix - I'm tempted to try this with soft tofu instead of cream cheese.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion and garlic and sweat them in the oil.
- 2Add the cans of peppers and tomatoes.
- 3Add the seasonings and the cream cheese.
- 4With a stick blender, puree the soup ingredients.
- 5Heat and serve.
- 6Use 2 teaspoons of the smoked paprika if you're going to heat the soup right away; 1 teaspoon if you're making it ahead of time: the flavor develops with time and you don't want it to overwhelm the pepper/tomato flavor.
- 7If you're not worried about fat grams, go ahead and use full-strength cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb, Reduced Fat, Super-Easy Cream of Red Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.4
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 1479.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: