Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This takes ten minutes, tops. Fabulous, fast, delicious. And beautiful - looks festive in the bowl - garnish with a little parsley for the holidays. This soup is also quite good served cold. (Note: We have a vegan daughter in our mix - I'm tempted to try this with soft tofu instead of cream cheese.)
- Chop the onion and garlic and sweat them in the oil.
- Add the cans of peppers and tomatoes.
- Add the seasonings and the cream cheese.
- With a stick blender, puree the soup ingredients.
- Heat and serve.
- Use 2 teaspoons of the smoked paprika if you're going to heat the soup right away; 1 teaspoon if you're making it ahead of time: the flavor develops with time and you don't want it to overwhelm the pepper/tomato flavor.
- If you're not worried about fat grams, go ahead and use full-strength cream cheese.
I can see why you're "One Happy Woman" with this recipe! DELICIOUS! And with the light cream cheese I think you can safely call it "low" fat rather than "reduced" fat. And I also only used 1/2 t. paprika (personal taste), but increased the lemon pepper to 1 1/2 t (my favorite spice!) I love cream soup and have found very few low carb/fat soups that I like, until now! Easy-peasy and lip smacking! Thanks!! :)